Friday 14 May 2010

Soccer

This picture was taken when I was playing soccer in the US. I never played well, but people liked me! Here in Brazil, I only played this sport when I was 13-14, after that I started to feel people were looking at me as if playing soccer was a boy's thing. Because I wanted desperately to fit in, I quit playing it. When I set foot in American soil, I discovered that I spoke very poor English therefore communication of any kind was really hard. Then, soccer came to my rescue. My classmates discovered that I had played soccer before so they told me to try for the school team. I did and don't regret a minute. They tought me a lot of English and we had great experiences together. The best part is that we played against other schools so we had to travel to other cities, I got to go to most cities of Oregon state, and that was gooood. Well, and I was in the newspaper...hehehe...I love being famous, even for only a minute :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm... I have this gut feeling you'll be in the news again soon!! ;) xoxo